This is Fake Subway APIs
Fake Subway API is a plain-vanilla XML-over-HTTP API service for returning information about train and subway stations. It doesn't do much right now except return the name and URI for a station given its short code.
These are the currently supported transit services:
- Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART)
- Gemeentevervoersbedrijf Amsterdam (GVB)
- Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA)
- New York Metropolitain Transportation Authority (MTA)
- Société de transport de Montréal (STM)
- Transport For London (TFL)
- Toronto Transit Commission (TTC)
- UK National Rail Service
- Washington Metropolitain Transit Authority (WMATA)
I have two hopes for Fake Subway APIs: 1) That they be replaced by real-live APIs operated by their respective transit services 2) That, in the meantime, people submit patches and data (geo information, for example) and help to shape the kinds of properly maintained APIs that we can hope to use in the future.
This source code for fakesubwayapis is also available on GitHub.